DELL INC (DELL) SEC Filing 10-K Annual report for the fiscal year ending Friday, February 1, 2013
Dell Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
- Revenue of $13.7 billion
- GAAP earnings of $0.27 per share, non-GAAP earnings of $0.39 per share
- Cash flow from operations of $1.3 billion
- Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services revenue grew 3 percent year over year to $4.8 billion
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--November 15, 2012--Dell announced fiscal 2013 third-quarter results today with revenue of $13.7 billion, GAAP operating income of $589 million, and GAAP earnings of $0.27 per share. Dell’s enterprise solution strategy continued to show positive results with server and networking revenue increasing 11 percent year over year.
“We are consistently executing our end-to-end solutions strategy for the benefit of our customers,” said Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO. “In the quarter, we completed the acquisition of Quest Software which – along with other recent acquisitions like SonicWALL and Wyse – adds leading management, security, virtualization and cloud capabilities to our expanding portfolio of powerful solutions.”
“In a difficult global IT spending environment we saw solid proof points that demonstrate progress in our strategy,” said Brian Gladden, Dell CFO. “A highlight has been the strong progress of our newly introduced servers, with our server and networking business up 11 percent. We’re also encouraged by early interest in our new Windows 8 touch portfolio and the opportunities it creates for our commercial and consumer businesses.”
Mr. Gladden added that strong cash flow from operations generated over the past two years continued with $1.3 billion in the quarter and, combined with a strong cash position this fiscal year, helped enable Dell to invest in new capabilities and return almost $900 million year to date to shareholders through the company’s recently adopted dividend and share repurchases.
- Revenue in the quarter was $13.7 billion, an 11 percent decrease from the previous year as desktop and mobility revenue contracted.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $589 million, or 4.3 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $886 million, or 6.5 percent of revenue.
- GAAP earnings per share in the quarter was 27 cents, down 45 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP EPS was 39 cents, down 28 percent.
- Cash flow from operations in the quarter was $1.3 billion. Dell ended the quarter with $14.2 billion in cash and investments.
The following information was filed by DELL INC on Thursday, November 15, 2012 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is a press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
Please wait while we load the requested 10-K report. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/dell/0000826083-13-000005.htm
- Form Type: Annual
- Number of times amended: 1
- Accession Number: 0000826083-13-000005
- Submitted to the SEC: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Accepted by the SEC: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Period Ending: February 2013
N/A to N/A
Earnings per Share:
PEG / Short / PE Ratios:
0 / 0 / N/A