DELL INC (DELL) SEC Filing 10-K Annual report for the fiscal year ending Friday, February 1, 2013
Dell Reports Fourth Quarter, Full Fiscal Year Financial Results
- Revenue of $14.3 billion in fourth quarter, $56.9 billion for the year
- GAAP earnings of $0.30 per share in quarter, $1.35 per share for full year; non-GAAP earnings of $0.40 per share in quarter and $1.72 per share for full year
- Cash flow from operations of $1.4 billion; $3.3 billion for fiscal year
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--February 19, 2013--Dell announced fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and full-year results today, with revenue of $14.3 billion for the quarter and $56.9 billion for the year. Revenue from enterprise solutions and services grew 6 percent in the quarter to $5.2 billion and was $19.4 billion, or 34 percent of Dell revenue for the fiscal year, a 4 percent gain over fiscal year 2012.
“We continued to execute our long-term strategy in Q4, and realized a 6 percent increase in our enterprise solutions and services business,” said Brian Gladden, Dell CFO. “We also continued to generate strong cash flow from operations of $1.4 billion in the quarter. Our strong balance sheet and cash position enabled the company to invest almost $5 billion in new capabilities and intellectual property this fiscal year, including great assets like Quest, SonicWall, Wyse and AppAssure.”
- Revenue in the quarter was $14.3 billion, an 11 percent decrease from the previous year, and a 4 percent increase sequentially. Revenue for the 2013 fiscal year was $56.9 billion, an 8 percent decrease. Dell’s fiscal year 2012 had an extra week, which was incorporated into the company’s Q4 results.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $698 million, or 4.9 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $954 million, or 6.7 percent of revenue. Gross margins for the quarter benefitted by approximately $250 million, primarily resulting from vendor settlements. For the fiscal year, GAAP operating income was $3 billion and non-GAAP operating income was $4 billion.
- GAAP earnings per share in the quarter was 30 cents, down 30 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP EPS was 40 cents, down 22 percent. For the fiscal year, GAAP EPS was $1.35, down 28 percent year over year and non-GAAP EPS was $1.72, down 19 percent.
- Cash flow from operations in the quarter was $1.4 billion, and Dell ended Q4 with $15.3 billion in cash and investments. Full-year cash flow from operations was $3.3 billion.
Fiscal-Year 2013 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Highlights
|Operating Income (GAAP)||$||698||$||931||(25||%)||$||3,012||$||4,431||(32||%)|
|Net Income (GAAP)||$||530||$||764||(31||%)||$||2,372||$||3,492||(32||%)|
|Operating Income (non-GAAP)||$||954||$||1,143||(17||%)||$||3,973||$||5,135||(23||%)|
|Net Income (non-GAAP)||$||702||$||913||(23||%)||$||3,017||$||3,952||(24||%)|
Information about Dell’s use of non-GAAP financial information is provided under “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below. Non-GAAP financial information excludes costs related primarily to the amortization of purchased intangibles, severance and facility-action costs, certain settlement costs and acquisition-related charges. All comparisons in this press release are year over year unless otherwise noted.
The following information was filed by DELL INC on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is a press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
- Form Type: Annual
- Number of times amended: 1
- Accession Number: 0000826083-13-000005
- Submitted to the SEC: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Accepted by the SEC: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Period Ending: February 2013
N/A to N/A
Earnings per Share:
PEG / Short / PE Ratios:
0 / 0 / N/A