ZALE CORP (ZLC) SEC Filing 10-Q Quarterly report for the period ending Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Zale Corporation Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
- Net earnings of $5 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to a loss of $5 million in the prior year quarter
- Gross margin of 52.6 percent, up 130 basis points from prior year quarter
- Operating margin of 2.2 percent, up 80 basis points from prior year quarter
- Comparable store sales up 1.4 percent; up 2.6 percent on a constant currency basis and excluding February 29, 2012
- Zales branded stores up 3.0 percent; up 3.9 percent excluding February 29, 2012
- Year-to-date net earnings of $18 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, compared to loss of $8 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, in the prior year
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2013--Zale Corporation (NYSE: ZLC) today reported its financial results for the third quarter ended April 30, 2013.
“We delivered strong results in March and April after a slow start to the quarter in February, which resulted in our tenth consecutive quarter of positive comps,” commented Theo Killion, chief executive officer. “These results reflect the recent investments we have made to improve the effectiveness of our guest-facing teams and the appeal of our product offerings.”
The following information was filed by ZALE CORP on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-Q Quarterly Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
Please wait while we load the requested 10-Q Quarterly Report. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/109156/000110465913047662/a13-11590_110q.htm
No exhibits were included with this SEC filing.
- Form Type: Quarterly
- Number of times amended: 0
- Accession Number: 0001104659-13-047662
- Submitted to the SEC: Friday, June 7, 2013 1:16:30 PM EST
- Accepted by the SEC: Friday, June 7, 2013
- Period ending: April 2013
- Industry: Retail Jewelry Stores