SERVICEMASTER GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC (SERV) SEC Filing 10-K Annual report for the fiscal year ending Sunday, December 31, 2017
For further information contact:
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. Reports
Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2017 Financial Results
Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2017 Results
Full-Year 2018 Outlook
Revenue guidance between $3,015 million and $3,045 million, or growth over prior year between four percent and five percent, and Adjusted EBITDA between $690 million and $705 million, or growth between two percent and four percent over prior year. The 2018 outlook assumes AHS remains with the Company for the full year and excludes the impact of any costs related to the planned separation of AHS in the third-quarter 2018 and any potential acquisitions
MEMPHIS, TENN. — February 27, 2018 —ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, today announced unaudited fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 results.
Fourth-Quarter 2017 Results
For the fourth quarter, the company reported a year-over-year revenue increase of five percent. The increase in revenue was driven primarily by eight percent organic growth at American Home Shield (“AHS”) and the impact of acquiring Landmark Home Warranty (“Landmark”) in November 2016. Fourth-quarter 2017 net income was $306 million, or $2.26 per share, versus $31 million, or $0.23 per share, in the same period in 2016. Fourth-quarter net income was favorably impacted by a $271 million adjustment to deferred income taxes driven by the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on December 22, 2017. Fourth-quarter 2017 adjusted EBITDA was $135 million, a year-over-year decrease of $9 million, or seven percent, driven by an $11 million decline at Terminix. Fourth-quarter 2017 adjusted net income was $48 million, or $0.35 per share versus $60 million, or $0.44 per share, for the same period in 2016.
“In the fourth quarter, we executed on our strategies to deliver long-term growth by continuing to make much needed investments in our Terminix business, including strengthening our business leadership, enhancing process and systems capabilities, and empowering our technicians to significantly improve the customer experience we provide,” said chief executive officer Nik Varty. “At American
The following information was filed by SERVICEMASTER GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 as an 8K 2.02 statement, which is an earnings press release pertaining to results of operations and financial condition. It may be helpful to assess the quality of management by comparing the information in the press release to the information in the accompanying 10-K Annual Report statement of earnings and operation as management may choose to highlight particular information in the press release.
Sentiment Analysis off on
|Filter by Sentiment:||Filter by Category:||
View our Sentiment Analysis Tour
|Filter by Subcategory:|
|Click a sentiment analysis snippet below from SERVICEMASTER GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC's Management Discussions to find these positive and negative remarks within their 10-K Annual report:|
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_60_88Legal - Otherlaws and governmental regulations increasing our legal and regulatory expenses
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_5_46Other - OtherHurricanes Harvey and Irma negatively impacted 2017 by approximately $4 million as the result of 53 branches, primarily in Texas and Florida, being temporarily closed for a period of time during August and September 2017.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_61_89Financial - Expenseincreases in interest rates increasing the cost of servicing our substantial indebtedness
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_38_39Other - OtherThese obligations include commitments for various products and services including, among other things, inventory purchases, telecommunications services, marketing and advertising services and other professional services.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_7_7Financial - ExpenseInsurance costs decreased $4 million at Corporate for the year ended December 31, 2017.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_1_2Revenue - ProductIn 2017, organic pest control revenue growth was negatively impacted by a $19 million organic revenue decline associated with Alterra.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_10_49Financial - ExpenseRepresents lease termination and other costs driven by the decision to consolidate the stand-alone operations of HSA, acquired in February 2014, with those of American Home Shield.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_50_78Other - Otherour ability to attract and retain key personnel, including our ability to attract, retain and maintain positive relations with trained workers and third-party contractors
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_38_40Other - OtherArrangements are considered purchase obligations if a contract specifies all significant terms, including fixed or minimum quantities to be purchased, a pricing structure and approximate timing of the transactions.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_11_50Financial - ExpenseRepresents severance and other costs related to the reorganization of the Franchise Services Group.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_4_5Revenue - ProductIncludes a $6 million and $33 million reduction in revenue from company-owned branches for the years ended December 31, 2017 and 2016, respectively, offset, in part, by a $2 million increase in royalty fees as result of the branch conversions for the year ended December 31, 2016.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_37_37Financial - ExpenseSee Note 8 to the consolidated financial statements for additional discussion of our restructuring costs.
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_62_90Financial - Expenseincreased borrowing costs due to lowering or withdrawal of the ratings, outlook or watch assigned to our debt securities
- serv_10k_2018-02-28_37_36Financial - ExpenseLease exit costs, including redundant rent, expected to be incurred in 2018 of approximately $8 million related to the lease for our corporate headquarters and the headquarters for Terminix have been excluded.
Please wait while we load the requested 10-K Annual Report. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231x10k.htm
Companies may provide additional information to their SEC Filings as exhibits. Click a link below to view an exhibit that was filed with this report:
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex10_17.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex10_41.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex12.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex21.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex23.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex31_1.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex31_2.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex32_1.htm
Please wait while we load the requested exhibit. If it does not load, please click the link below:https://www.last10k.com/sec-filings/report/1428875/000142887518000032/serv-20171231xex32_2.htm
- Form Type: Annual
- Number of times amended: 0
- Accession Number: 0001428875-18-000032
- Submitted to the SEC: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:19:15 PM EST
- Accepted by the SEC: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Fiscal Year ending: December 2017
- Industry: Management Services
Positive and negative sentiment analysis is available in these filings:
SERVICEMASTER GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC
Intrinsic Value, Financial Stability and Ratios